How to Improve Gas Mileage
The average cost per gallon of gas in Orange County is over $3.50 according to fuelgaugereport.aaa.com. We’ve seen it as high as almost $5.00 per gallon! Sure, there are times when the prices drop a little, but ultimately the prices are only going up. It is time you learned the tricks to improve gas mileage for your car. The truth is, there are several easy tricks you can do right now to improve gas mileage.
5 Quick Tips to Improve Your Gas Mileage
No matter how fuel efficient you car is you can always improve your gas milage. These are a few tips you can do with your current car to help you save at least a couple miles per gallon today.
- First things first, check your tire pressure. Not only will it make your tires last longer, but it will get you better mileage
- Check your air filter. A dirty or clogged air filter can affect your fuel economy.
- According to the Auto Club you can lose up to 2 miles per gallon having low tire pressure and a dirty air filter.
- Remove excess weight that you can. Your bag of weights or books in the trunk of your car might not seem like much, but it can all add up.
- Speeding and rapid acceleration can reduce your fuel economy up to 33% at highway speeds according to www.fueleconomy.gov.
- The light turns red do not speed up to it, will save You gas and brakes.
These quick tips will improve your gas mileage 1-2 miles per gallon. This might not sound like much, but think about it: with a 15 gallon tank, you’ll be getting 15-30 more miles per tank. Those miles add up. At Francisco’s Automotive, we will check your tire pressure and correct it for free!
If you want to learn more about how you can improve your car’s gas mileage, give us a call!
Francisco at Francisco’s Automotive has been working on cars for over 40 years. He can help you get the most out of your car’s fuel economy. Give him a call with any questions you have regarding your car.